- For your own privacy purposes or say it for security reasons you can Create A Hidden User Account under windows xp/7 operating system.
- This tweak will easily allow you an account that is normally displayed on the Welcome screen to be hidden from view. To log on using that hidden account it is necessary to use the Log On To Windows dialog box similar to the one that in Windows 2000.
2. Registry Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \SOFTWARE\ Microsoft\ WindowsNT\ CurrentVersion\ Winlogon\ SpecialAccounts\ UserList
3. Modify/Create the Value Data Type(s) and Value Name(s) as detailed below.
4. Data Type: REG_DWORD [Dword Value] // Value Name: Type Name of Account to be Hidden
5. Setting for Value Data: [0 = Account is Hidden / 1 = Enabled]
6. Exit Registry and Reboot...
While the account is hidden on the Welcome screen, note that the account profile will be visible in C:\Documents and Settings or wherever user profiles are stored as well as in Local Users and Groups.