How to Change your IP Address in Windows XP / windows 7Back to first method for more details regarding answer on question how to change ip address.
To change IP address of a computer in WIndows XP:
- Start -> Run
- type cmd -> type ipconfig /release then
- type ipconfig /renew
Alternate methods . . . . . . . . .. . . . . .
1. Start -> Setting -> Network Connection
4. In Network Connections window you will find Internet
connections ( like Local Area Connections / lan ).
5.Select that and with right mouse chose "Disable". Wait for sometime
until process has been finished
6. then again select your internet connection with right mouse and click on 'Enable'.
How to Change IP Address in Windows Vista
Below is method to change IP address in Windows Vista:
- Right click on Networks -> Properties -> Netwrk & Sharing Centre
- In Network and Sharing Centre right click on your network card
- Select Diagnose -> Windows Network Diagnostics window
- select Reset the network adapters
How to Change IP Address in Windows 7
To change IP address in Windows 7 please follow these steps:
- 'Start' -> 'All Programs -> Accessories and right click on 'Command Prompt' and then chose 'Run as Administrator' or
- 'Start' and then type in 'Search' field 'cmd'
- open cmd.exe
- Type ipconfig /release..
- type ipconfig /renew..
- Start -> Control Pane
- Left click on "Network and Internet -> Network and Sharing Center
- On the left side choose "Change adapter settings"
- Right click on your network card and from the drop-down choose Properties.
- Under the "Networking" tab -> "Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)" or "Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)" and then -> "Properties".
- Iamong these 2 options "Obtain IP Addresss Automaticaly" and "Use following IP Addresss" chose first one.
- now your IP address should be
IP Address Location